Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Religion

ASIAN SPIRITUAL ART EXHIBITION 2001
Yogyakarta, July 27 - August 2, 2001
"ACAA collaborated with the Keluargatuk Art House held a visual arts 'Spiritual Arts Exhibition 2001' on July 27 - August 2, 2001 which took place at the Affandi Museum, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. 
This exhibition is held in conjunction with the 13th Yogyakarta Art Festival and especially also to welcome the Executive Committee Meeting of the Asian Christian Art Association which should have done in Yogyakarta on July 26th, 2001 to 29th, 2001. The meeting itself is postponed to December 2001. This inter-religious art exhibition which involving artists from various background of religions and places in Indonesia, China, Malaysia, India and Australia was well received by the public, art communities and the press."
Holy Family
Tree of Desire, by Kaji Habeb - IndonesiaTree of Desire
Free
Mary and Christ
As you will see in probably my next few blog posts I am going to be focusing on religion.  I hope to set aside my own thoughts on the subject and educate myself before forming any definite position.  Religion is such a vast controversial topic I am sure I will always be learning more especially since I hope to tackle as many religions as possible without spending to little time on any of them.  Like these images the wide spread/acknowledgment of religion in general is very interesting.  Could it be said that the concept of religion is universal.?


My previous images are aesthetically beautiful and I found them while trying to look for images related to the environmental crisis.  It made me wonder who should artist speak out about global warming. I found many artist who just took  loads of beautiful images.  Is this enough? Or do people no to see some sort of "fear factor" to help us realize what is on the line.?

No comments:

Followers